Bansko Castle Houses
A REVIVAL ENSEMBLE ,,SVETA TROITSA"
The Church of Sveta Troitsa was built in 1835 and was one of the biggest three-nave domeless churches in Bulgaria at that time. The funds were provided by wealthy merchants' families and the whole population. The initiator and organizer was Lazar German (Golev) who paid for it with his life.
The exterior of the church built of stone and wood has very little decoration. The interior, however, bears no resemblance in terms of abundance of artistic elements and the harmony between them. The warmth of wood internal space is rich in, oval shapes replacing angles, broken up arks, railings and bars add to the Baroque impression of the place.
The monumental iconostasis by Master Velyan (artist, rep-resentative of the Debarsko school of Art) is especially fascinat-ing. The icons are the work of Dimitar and Simeon Molerovi